About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hearts, Hearts, Hearts


We are still on our 10 week vacation  to Arizona.  Having a wonderful time but I am missing my craft room.  I have supplies hidden all over the trailer.   I am managing to get some cards made in the evenings but it takes some planning and a very sweet patient hubby.


This week at Come and Get it Challenges it is my turn to chose the challenge and I chose hearts of course since we are so close to Valentine's day.  
I made this card for my grandson, River for Valentines day.   

I used a glitter paper that already had the hearts cut into it and layered it over red card stock.  The sock monkey rubber stamp was from my collection of unmounted stamps  I coloured him with my Copic Markers and mounted him on some white glitter paper.  I added Diamond Glaze to my heart balloons along with some glitter for more sparkle.  I hope he likes my card. 

Come join us at Come and Get It this week and show us your heart.  Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. 

Judy 

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Stamping with Dragon Challenge – Love is in the Air
Crafty Catz Challenge - Love is in the Air feature Heart
 

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I love the shimmer paper and the monkey is great. Karal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Judy, gorgeous glittery paper and the glaze just finishes off the balloons perfectly!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun and cute all at the same time! Love the glittery paper! Your grandson is going to love his card from you! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute card... the sock monkey with the cupcake is precious

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. superb card hun...so very pretty thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely the cutest sock monkey. Your Grandson will love it and the glitter paper really makes it stand out. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~~Sandra V.
    http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sparkly Valentine you have made! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us for our Great Impressions “Have a Heart” February Challenge. I do hope you can join us in March!

    Too funny-not enough places in my house to hide all my stash! Your sock monkey card is so fun!!! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete