About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Born to Shop

 Hi fellow card makers.  My card is based on a sketch which was my choice this week at Come and Get It Challenges this week and here is the sketch  ....


This was a simple card to make, I used two different square punches to make the shopping bags and added some twine to make the handles.  It is a great little pattern for using up some scraps. 

I stamped the background paper with a flourish stamp by Bo Bunny and Distress Inks.   I added some rows of bling to the shopping bags, a ribbon and a pearl and the card was complete. 

I titled my card "born to shop"  - it should have read "Born to shop for craft supplies". Hope you will join us this week at Come and Get It. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day. 

Judy

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

 Challenges 4 Everybody - Always Anything Goes 
Totally Gorjuss -  Anything Goes with Sparkle
 Crafty Ribbons -  Anything Goes with Ribbon
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing us with such a fun sketch - it was just what I needed to get my mojo back! Your card is so fun with those colorful bags, it also reminded me of a bunch of bag stickers I've got in my stash.

    ReplyDelete