About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Embellishments, Pattern Papers and Ribbon/Twine Challenge


Create a card with 3 Embellishments, 2 Pattern Papers and 1 Ribbon/Twine is the challenge this week at Come and Get It Challenges. I had this cute image by My Bestie's that I used for the card.   I thought she was so adorable, especially with those big eyes. 

To use the challenge requirements was quite easy.  I wanted to give her a bright orange and yellow dress so I looked through my stash of papers and came up with this flower print and some suttle yellow and white pattern paper.  The sentiment is by Stampin Up and the image was coloured with Copic Markers.

In my stash also I had some yellow and orange brads and a pretty yellow ribbon to complete the card.  

Hope you enjoy my card and will join us this week at Come and Get It Challenges.  


Judy 


I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:


One Stop Craft Challenge – For Friend
Sister Act Card Challenge - Always Anything Goes

Card and Scrap Challenge - Use a Text Stamp 
Opus Gluei - Wings 
Gingerloft - Yellow Ribbon


 

12 comments:

  1. Love the bright, cheery colors in your card, Judy. Great paper choice and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your talents with us this week at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
    Hugs,
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Judy, love the beastie digital image and the wonderful bright colors.......great take on Cindy's challenge this week!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åhhh hvor er det smuk♥

    10000 tak for at du deltager på card and scraps udfordring.

    knuzzz DT Anne Bente ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.
    DT-Gitte.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap:)
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and girly, lots of details going on, thanks for playing with us at Gingerloft, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy, vibrant card full of fun and color! Love the image you've chosen and the bright, zingy colors as well. Her bird looks quite lovely as well, the papers you chose really set the image off wonderfully. You definitely seemed to get our hope for WINGS over at Opus Gluei, and I'm really happy you came over to play with us. I would love to see what you do with future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely and bright card! Great you played with us and add a yellow ribbon to your creation.
    I hope to see again soon at Gingerloft challenge...
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card with a cute image & lovely bright summery colours, thank you for joining us at OSCC. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. It´s so beautiful made :)
    DT member at Card and Scrap
    Anette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card. I really love the awesome ribbon bow you have added.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Gingerloft Card Challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute x
    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' for the weekend & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete