About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Things with Wings Challenge - Fitztown




This is my second card for the "things with wings" challenge at Fitztown.

For my card I used a digital image of Morgan Fitzsimons from the FAE Collection at Fitztown by Morgan Fitzsimons.   I love the fairy's little pointed ears. The dress and wings were paper pieced out of vellum paper.  The wings were cut out of silver vellum and the dress in a pattern vellum. I think the addition of the vellum gives the card a more fairy like feel.

 The fairy was coloured with Copic markers and glitter pens and the background was a stencil and PanPastel.  To complete the card I added some fabric flowers, pearls, blig and a sentiment. 

There is still time left to enter this challenge.  Hope you will show us your art work. 

Judy

I am enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Crafter's Cafe -  Birthday
Divas by Design - use a digi
Sassy Cheryl's - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Alway's Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! You're so right about the vellum adding to the fairy feel of the image....very nice touch.
    Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at TTCRD and good luck!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Through the Craft Room Door DT
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card Judy, the flower border is fab!
    Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete