About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tag It Challenge at Fitztown.

This is my inspiration tag for the tag challenge this week at Fitztown.  I just love making tags.  I pulled out my gelli plate,dies, paint, fibers, stencils and one of favourite Fitztown image, garden 16.  Here is my tag: 


The butterflies are part of a set of Morgan Fitzsimons butterfly collection.  There are 6 in the set and you can can purchase them here.  I ran the sheet of gelli print paper that I made through my printer then cut the butterflies out.  I have never printed on top of a gelli print before. I was so happy with the way they turned out that I ran several other pieces of gelli print through the printer in a variety of colours.  Now I have a stock of unique butterflies for other projects.

 I cut out the tag with a Tim Holtz's die and added a piece on the top and bottom to give some interest. The paper was a gelli print that I had made for the project. I used a stencil by Donna Downy  for the flower. To make the flower stand out I outlined it with a black Sharpie. I added some fibers from my stash to complete the card.

You still have time to join us in the challenge just create your card with a tag or just a tag and enter it here

I am entering my tag in the following challenges:

All Crafts Challenge - (Aug/SeptAnything but a Card
Crafting from the Heart - Always Anything Goes
4 Krafty Girlz Anything Goes
Brown Sugar –  Anything Goes





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Judy love the colour's and fabulous design
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tag! Thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag, Love the background design & colours... the butterflies are Beautiful... Thank you for joining us at Craft my life... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete