About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, October 13, 2014

Books Fall Open ..........


Hi fellow crafters.  This is my project for this weeks challenge at Not Just Cards.  I decided to make a wall hanging for this challenge from a cover of a popular Mechanic hard cover book I found in the thrift store and a digital stamp by Handmade Harbour one of our sponsors.  The supplies I used to make this wall hanging are:
  • Digital image - called bookshop
  • Quote by David McCord
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 7 die
  • Dictionary pages
  • Distress Inks - tea dye
  • Soft molding form wire (from my husbands stash)
  • Copics for colouring
  • Crackle rubber stamp - unknown
  • Seam binding for ribbon
  • Brads
  • Corner Paper Punch
  • Popular Mechanics book cover
  • Paper from my stash

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.

I am entering this project in the following challenges

A girl who crafts - Always ANYTHING GOES

    All Crafts Challenge - Anything but a Card
      Crafting from the Heart - Always Anything Goes
        Whoopsi Daisy - Distressing
          Crafting With The Dragon - October - Anything Goes
            613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes w/Optional CAS
              Crafting At the Weekend - Anything Goes 

              8 comments:

              1. Love your wall hanging, great job. Thank you for entering the challenge at A Girl Who Crafts.

                Carolyn - DT

                ReplyDelete
              2. love the wall hanging and great image and sentiment and love the little book embellishment-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
                Carol Dt x

                ReplyDelete
              3. This is lovely..Thank you for joining us at Whoopsie Daisy, and good luck.

                Caz x WD DT

                ReplyDelete
              4. What a super wall hanging. I have their Bakery Shop image which was just as much fun to colour in. Thankyou for sharing with us at Craft My LIfe. hugs Mrs A. (D.T.)

                ReplyDelete
              5. Brilliant use of a hardback book cover and I totally agree with the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at All Crafts Challenge.

                ReplyDelete
              6. Lovely wall hanging, well done and thank you for entering the Dragon's Lair Design challenge - Vanessa DT xx

                ReplyDelete
              7. Great wall hanging! LOVE the sentiment!! Thanks for sharing with Dragons Lair!

                ReplyDelete
              8. Lovely idea. The little book is adorable. Love it!!

                Thanks for sharing in the Dragon's Lair Challenge.

                ReplyDelete