About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, January 29, 2018

Lets Get Messy Challenge

Love this get messy challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.  I used my gell plate to create my background for my card by combining acrylic paints, inks, stencils and sprays. The lovely lady is from my collection of unmounted stamps, the name of the company that makes the stamp escapes me. The image was coloured with Ink Inktense pencils and distress spray inks.

The rubber stamp "Art" is by Stampers Anonymous.  The hat has a saying on it by Carrie Fisher, "I don't want life to imitate life.  I want life to be art".  

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Please  join us in this get messy challenge.  Remember to stop by our Challenge Blog to see the inspiring creations of our lovely design team

7 comments:

  1. The queen of mixed media does know how to make beautiful art. Nice job, Judy. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bunny, thank you for the complements. Miss being on the same challenge blogs. Judy

      Delete
  2. Hi Judy. Loving the stamp and all the detail too, great card. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Judy, so colourful.... stunning indeed

    Happy crafting

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an artist Judy, a fabulous work... one of my favourites so far. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love that background. There's so much depth to it - I really must have a go at using a bigger range of paints/inks on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Judy! I love the artsy take. Great quote. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete