About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, June 1, 2018

The Best Journeys ....


It is June already and /time for another challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit and this is my  project this month, an mixed media/altered art journal cover.

I was inspired by a video by Bella Rose Creative on Youtube called Paper Napkin Art Journal

 To create my cover I used 
 beautiful napkin
designer paper
Kroma crackle
copper paint
distress ink
rubber stamps
Pitt Artist pen
an old rubber stamp from my collection by Momenta
 a scrip rubber stamp by Hero Arts
hair ban
metal butterfly


This is the booked closed


The is the back of the cover. 


Closer look




Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day. Remember to stop by our challenge blog to view the inspiring projects of our talented design team. 

I am entering my project in the following challenges

Altered Eclectics - Altered/Mix Media
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
A Prefect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
SanDee  & amelie's Steampunk Challenge - Anything Goes/Steampunk Industrial
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Stempelsonnenchallenge -  Anything goes/Hand Stamped and Coloured

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layers. Love the total transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome album cover Judy..love the crackle..that Korma crackle takes an age to dry doesn't it...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful cover and journal to note things that happen on the journey and with thoughts and impressions. Thank you for showing it on SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges. Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!! Love, love, lovin' it! I am truly inspired! Good luck in the challenge from Team Eclectic Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

     

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful. thanks for showing us on https://sandee-and-amelie.blogspot
    greets
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sentiment Judy! No straight lines for this girl! Your journal is stylish. I bet you get great comments about it?

    ReplyDelete