About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Altered Tea Canister

 Welcome  to our second Splashy Mix Challenge.  

If you want to express your love for someone or something, then it's time to participate in our new challenge!

This is  our Mood board.




Here is my project, an altered wooden canister that I made for my husband's Valentine 's chocolates. 



This is what my box looked like before I altered it.



I sanded my box then removed the handle and painted the box with gesso. 



I then stamped the box with an French love poem. 



To complete my project I stenciled my box with hanging hearts and stars and  coloured it using acrylic paint, glitter glue and ink sprays, added my gems, several hearts, an Eiffel Tower to two sides. To the top of the canister I added a flower and a glass knob.

Remember our challenge rules.


- Your work must be new, not previously published anywhere
- You can create any mixed media project corresponding to the mood board and the colors presented in the mood board are also accepted.
- You can enter up to 3 entries.
- The post should contain a banner, a link to our challenge and the name of the blog.
- Last date to submit your works 25th February until 23:55 !


Prizes

INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

$30 USD value prize from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS


NATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

Rs. 1000 Value prize from Die Cuts and More




3 DT Favourites
(as voted by our DT, in no particular order)

One DT favourite will receive Goodie bag from Letzcraft Store and will be our Guest Designer the following month 




1 Random Winner
(chosen by Random.org)

One Random winner from Indian Participants will get a goodie bag from Creative Minds




Remember my favorite quote by Maya Angelou "You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." Hope you will join in the fun here at Splashy Mix Challenges
Have a creative week. 




I am entering my project in the following challenges. 

Craft Rocket Challenges - Valentine 
Crafting with Attitude - Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge - Love is in the Air
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes


3 comments:

  1. This is stunning! What a great creation! Thank you so much for joining the challenge of digi Choosday. Hugs, Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Stunning project, love the colors.
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at The Crafty Addicts, good luck with your entry hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete