About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Altered Rustic Clock Wooden Canvas

Hi Judy here, with my inspirational project for May's rustic challenge.

Create any mixed media project incorporating inspiration from the below Moodboard


I was inspired by this rustic look and decided to create a reversed canvas on a wooden frame and use parts of an old wind up clock along with other findings from my boxes of treasures. 

This is my old clock I found at a thrift store. 


This is my completed creation.


To create my project I turned my wooden frame backwards and painted it copper brown. stamped with surface with a set of rubber stamps that were time related. Once I had the frame painted I added Patine blue antiquing solution. 

 To create the layers in my frame I used several plastic lids out of my recycling box.  I added the inside of the clock and some of the other clock piece to the design. When you move the project the clock still sometimes starts ticking. 

I added many other pieces to the frame such as a couple of butterflies, clock front from Graphic Fairy, sentiment, metals, image from Tim Holtz and other findings.

Here are some closer looks:






Hope you will join our challenge this month. 

Remember

- Your work must be new, not previously published anywhere
- You can create any mixed media project corresponding to the moodboard and the colors presented in the moodboard are also accepted.
- You can enter upto 3 entries.
- The post should contain a banner, a link to our challenge and the name of the blog.
- Last date to submit your works 28th May until 23:55 !

Prizes

INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

$30 USD value prize from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS

NATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

Rs. 500 Value prize from Die Cuts and More



3 DT Favourites
(as voted by our DT, in no particular order)

One DT favourite will receive Goodie bag from Letzcraft Store and will be our Guest Designer the following month 



1 Random Winner
(chosen by Random.org)

One Random winner from Indian Participants will get a goodie bag worth Rs.500 from Creative Minds


We are grateful to all our generous sponsors for Supporting our brand new challenge.

Pop over to our challenge blog to view the inspiring projects of our talented design team or visit us at Face book   https://www.facebook.com/groups/splashymixchallenges/

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

An Inky Mess - Anything Goes
SanDee & amelie's Steampunk - Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges. Wonderful upcycling of the old clock, great that it can still go. Love the beautiful worn copper frame Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW absolutely brilliant transformation-love all the rust.Thank you for joining us at A Inky Mess
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great canvas! Love the combination of the clocks with the butterflies. Fabulous colors! Thanks for joining us this month at SASPC! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! That is truly amazing Judy. What an inspiration piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunner judy. you are brilliant in transforming waste to treasure. Thank you for your beautiful DT make to splashymix challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this - a great way of showing off all those lovely bits
    Thank you for sharing with A Inky Mess

    ReplyDelete