About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, July 1, 2019

Altered Hidden Compartment Book


Time for another challenge at Altered Eclectics this month.  The theme as always is anything goes but must be altered art. My project today is an altered compartment book.   I found this compartment book at a garage sale.  It was made of cardboard and in pretty rough shape.  I first used gesso to  coated the box before painting the box. I covered the box with  two different pieces of Stamperia rice paper.

back  and side of book  



I added a cord to the back of the book and used some small beads (for sand), crackle paste and distress ink for texture  and shells (real and vellum) and couple of  sentiment. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative month. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Everyone - Art - Challenge - Beach Feeling 
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
An Inky Mess - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. I love this SO much! And now I need to go find myself said rice paper... *sigh* lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I absolutely love how you altered that book. Hidden compartment books always intrigue me! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards, Alex aka PinkCraftyMama
    TTCRD DT
    PinkCraftyMama.com {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete