About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Altered Box with Paints, Inks and Encaustics


I am so excited to be invited to participate in an exciting mixed media challenge blog called Bleeding Art Challenge Blog.  

I decided to make an altered box as my first project using a finding that inspired me.


This is an old metal napkin holder that I found at a garage sale that my hubby cut it a part for me.  The box was a card board box from my stash. 


I first added gesso to the box and napkin holder and then added a stenciled pattern to the box. My next step was to spray the box with a couple of different inks and add gold glamour paint to the edges. I added pearls to the area that was created when I put the two parts together.  I also added glamour paint to the edges of the napkin piece. 

To complete the project I dipped a fabric flower I made in Encausic wax and maneuvered the petals to the shape I liked for the flower. To complete the design I added a butterfly.


here are some other views of the box.




Thank you for stopping by an have a creative month.  Remember to stop over to our challenge blog to be inspired by the projects of our talented design team members. Join us this month to. 

I am entering my project in the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes - Decorate Container
Dare2BeArtzy - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Creative Figures - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Create - Anything Goes
Classic Design Team - Design Team challenge 


7 comments:

  1. Fantastic job, Judy. This is really pretty. I love the blue color. It really is grand. [Bunny]`

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative and I love the deep blue color - so elegant. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect in every way, I real prized possession!Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely use of the dimensional mouldings to create a great altered treasure box.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and perfect for our optional theme. Thank you for participating our monthly Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous creation, love the detail Judy!
    Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create…..Good Luck and hope to see come play again!

    DT Shell
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful :) Thank you for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge :) Ines DT

    http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/
    http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete