About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, February 7, 2020

House of Memories

Time for another great challenge at Creative Artiste this month, as alway the mixed media/altered art theme is anything goes. 

This is my project I have made for you this month.  

An altered house


This is what I pulled out of my stash to to start my creating process.


I took out some of my metal belts that I have collected from thrift stores, thought they make a interesting roof on my house.  I also took an end of some wood I found in my husband's scrape pile to cut into the shape of my house.

Her are some other views of the house.


I  painted my house with gesso then painted it brown and green paint and then added crackle paint to give the house a vintage look. I added a belt piece for the peak, a wooden bird and a number  and a strip of melt drywall for interest.  I added layers of colours to give everything a vintage look. 

Side view


The roof was made of one of the belts.  I painted the belt with gesso and copper paint then added colours to give the roof an old vintage look. 

I added an old surveyor ruler to the side of the house.

Front peak of the house.


Back of the house.


Back  - Peak of the house. 


Had lots of fun creating my vintage house.

 Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. Remember to pop over to our challenge blog to view the inspiring works of our design tea. 

4 comments:

  1. You've created a stunning house Judy. Super textures, colours and elements. The verse is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful altered house project! I love how you created the roof with the belt and rusty elements look amazing and I'm loving the quote on the back - perfect 😁. I'm so excited and honored to be part of this super talented team, thanks so much! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house: full of memories indeed. I love your choices with the belt and other elements to build it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Judy what amazing MM elements you have in your stash. So many lovely pieces to look at here. Love the house that Judy (not Jack) built. LOL

    ReplyDelete