About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, March 9, 2020

Life is Art. Paint Your Dreams ....

Welcome everyone to our March Moodboard Challenge over at Splashy Mix Challenges.  

Here is this month's inspiring moodboard.  I just love the colour scheme. 



I have created this mixed media canvas  inspired by the moodboard. 


Steps I used to create my project.


I painted my canvas with gesso and then used Distressed Oxide Sprays in the colours of  Picked Raspberries and Wilted Violet to colour the canvas.

My next step was to cover the canvas with a Tim Holtz  idea-ology tissue wrap which I used a Gloss medium to affix the tissue to my canvas.





My face was stenciled with this fantastic stencil by Stencil Girl called Pretty as a Peacock and purple  acrylic paint. The background paint for the stencil was made using both the Picked Raspberries and Wilted Violet Distress Ink Oxide sprays. 



 I then added some white markings to the canvas with white acrylic paint and a stencil by the Crafter's Workshop. 





The sentiment that I added to the canvas is a old  rubber stamp from my stash by Stampendous called Life is Art.  

I hope my canvas inspires you and that you will join us this month.  Just create your project and enter it here.   If you want to know more about my project and the steps and products I used please see my blog In Search of My Creative Side.

Prizes

- we will award two people: 
1. One topmost Winner - Will be chosen by our DTs.
2.  Random prize - we will draw from among all the works.
3. Top 5 projects will be chosen by DTs


*****************************************************************************
Sponsors

One winner will receive Rs.1000 worth goodie bag from our Main sponsor - Connect 4 Sale

Connect4Sale

 Connect4Sale is a one stop shop for Art And Craft Supplies, Children's Books, Accessories & Unique Stationery. If crafting is your hobby, you will find a lot of craft materials (Scrapbook Materials, Decoupage Materials, Mixed Media Materials, Art Supplies, Stamps, Cutting Dies, Embellishments, Ribbons, Tapes, Tools, Jewelry Making Materials, DIY Kits, Children's Crafts Materials and more) for children and adults







*****************************************************************************
One random winner will receive Rs.500 worth gift voucher from Creative Genie.


Website - www.creativegenie.in
****************************************************

Click on the SPONSORS tab above to know them in detail.

Like their pages and follow them for additional points


*****************************************************************************
You can submit several works for the challenge, but please - no more than three.

The challenge lasts until 31/03/2020. Winners will be announced on 3rd April 2020.


Stay tuned to month-long inspiration from our team.  


I am entering my project in the following challenges:

Secret Inspirations - Spring Inspirations 
Cherrylana Designs - Tenderness
CharmedscrapMoodboard (inspired by colours)
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful canvas! I loved seeing how it all came together too - amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete