About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Coffee Pot Lady


It is time for another Fantastic anything goes challenge at Bleeding Arts this month. 
This month's fabulous prize sponsor is Creative Embellishments!


The winner will also be invited back as a guest designer! Be sure to check out our fab sponsors page for more info!

DON'T FORGET: Starting 1 September, we're launching a sister blog - Steampunk Challenge Blog!





You can check out the blog now and follow us beforehand to participate! We'll be doing cool mood boards to challenge your creativity as well as Anything Goes mixed in! If you love the Steam ° Grunge ° Industrial style, you're going to love it! 

I decided to alter an old fashion peculator coffee pot for my project that was in our camping box. 

This is what I started with.


I had my husband help me remove the handle from the pot and I saved the inside parts for another project.

For my colour I was inspired by this variegated brightly colour wool that I have in my stash. 

I found this child's hat at a thrift store, painted it with Gesso, then added different colours of waxes and added a metal flower, and metal trim that I also coloured with waxes.



For my coffee pot I added coke bottle eyes, buttons for the eye balls which I painted,  and part of a spoon for each of the ears. 



I added some old funky glasses which I added some small flowers to. 




This was a fun project for me and a little bit crazy. 

Hope you will join us this month at Bleeding Arts. Create your anything goes/mixed media project and enter it here

Have a creative week. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges

Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
SanDee & ameilie Steampunk Challenges - Anything Steampunk Industrial

5 comments:

  1. Excellent job, Judy. I so remember my mother using this type of pot. I would often fill it up for her. I always liked the percolator and the smell of coffee. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this piece it is so witty and fun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your work with us SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Summer Special Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really put a huge smile on my face! LOVE her nose in particular...lol. Very creative and so fun! Thank you so much for sharing her with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete