About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, August 7, 2020

Mixed Media Altered ATC Box

Time for another great challenge at Creative Artist this month. As always our theme for the challenge is Anything Goes Mixed media.

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your  projects.
Please respect that we do not accept Instagram entries. Only blog entries please.

This is my project for this month, an altered mixed media box I made to hold my ATC cards.




This is the curling iron box before I altered it.


I coated my box with gesso and used molding paste and a brick stencil for the background of my box.  The metal pieces are from metal scraps from my stash, mainly old metal belt pieces and some odds and ends. I coated the metal parts with acrylic paint in rusty metal colours  which I added some glass beads to give the pieces a rusty texture. 

I used an antiquing gel mixed with acrylic brown paint to give the box more of an aged look and I also sprayed the box with Tim Holtz's Walnut Ink Antiquing spray. 

Here  are some closer views.








Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Remember to pop over to our challenge blog, Creative Artiste to be inspired by our creative design team.  Hope you will join us this month.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, such an amazing transformation! I love the wood effect that you created and the rusty metal pieces are beautiful 😁. Take care and wishing you a Happy August! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastically altered box Judy. The rusty metal pieces look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable. This is just fantastic. It reminds me a croc or gator skin. Love it. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of that box Judy, it's amazing what can be created with things we would so easily throw away well done on salvaging it and creating this wonderful piece. I love the mixture of gold & brown makes it look as if it's been around for many many years. Fabulous.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on textures and colours for this altered box; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to reuse your box to house your ATC's Judy. Love the textures and mix of colours.

    ReplyDelete