About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Celebration Blog Hop - Fitztown

 It is the official one year anniversary for the Fitztown Challenge blog. We are devoting the entire week to the theme of the challenge, which is celebrations, i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, new baby, new home, retirement, graduations... follow my line of thinking? These are all reasons for celebrations. So let's create a party atmosphere! Woohoo! lol

Fifty two weeks ago today, Fitztown Challenge Blog launched its very first challenge! So put on your party hat and fancy duds, shine up your party shoes and come celebrate with us at our CELEBRATION Blog Hop! 

I cannot believe it's only been a year! So much has happened with the blog. We, as most new blogs do, had some growing pains and we continue to learn and grow. The collections in the store have also continued to expand! We want to show you something from ALL the collections. After all, Fitztown is not all about fairies and teddy bears! Fitztown has SO MUCH MORE to offer! Each Design Team (DT) member and Guest Designer (GD) is featuring a project from different collections through out the store. Be sure to visit all of them so you won't miss out on what's available!


In the mean time, we want you to party down with us! We've got some special prizes to make this a fun celebration! Keep reading! We've got our usual challenge mumbo jumbo about the challenge rules and such we need to get out of the way but all you need to know about how to win a prize for the blog hop is below!

Along with having our usual winner and TOP 3 for the challenge, we will be having two additional prizes! We will be using Random.org to determine prizes for the blog hop. We will draw a name from comments on THIS POST for a TWO-DIGI prize. Plus, we have a freebie again and to win the freebie, all you have to do is dance on over and leave comments on the DT's and GD's personal blogs. We will draw a name from all the comments on their posts between now and Saturday, May 31st. Visit the Fitztown Challenge Blog to view the freebie!
RULES FOR ENTERING THE RANDOM DRAW of TWO images:
(Please read carefully - we do not want you to miss out!)
- Be/become a follower of Fitztown Challenge Blog or Crafting with Fitztown on Facebook
- Leave a comment on THIS POST between now and Saturday, May 31st, midnight, USA EST
To win the FREEBIE, we will randomly draw a name from all comments left on the DT's and GD's personal blogs. So be sure to shimmy, do the jig or tap dance your way over to each blog and leave some love before Saturday, May 31st, midnight, USA EST! We will announce the winners for the blog hop on Sunday, June 1st at 6:00 PM USA EST.

If you have arrived at my blog you should have come from Ivette`s blog and after my blog you visit Julie's blog.  If you get lost then here is the complete list of blogs.

Here is the list for the Celebration Blog Hop:
Fitztown Challenge Blog

Here is my card I made for the celebration blog hop. 



For my card today I am showcasing one of the dog digital images from Fitztown`s collection of digital stamps. I made this card for a 5 year old family friend that loves dogs. 

Supplies used to make this card are:

Bone image from my stash
Bling from my stash
Paper - DCWV - Scrapbook Kit in a Stack - Dog
Digital Image - Fitztown called Dog 4
Copic Markers for Colour
Tag from my stash
Sentiment by Copper Leaf Creations

Good luck with the blog hop and stop by the Fitztown Store and see the beautiful stamps in their collection. Check back at the Fitztown Challenge Blog for inspiring creations all this week. Come celebrate with us.  Happy Birthday Fitztown.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:


Challenges 4 Everybody -Anything Goes
Allsorts - Happy Birthday
Color Me Creative Challenge - Boy, Guy, Father
Di's Digis Designs Make it Masculine
Fun with Shapes - Animal
Simply Create Too -Father's Day/ For a Male

  • Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

  • Wags 'n Whiskers - One for the Boys

              8 comments:

              1. So cute! I absolutely adore this image.

                ReplyDelete
              2. Love what you did Judy! The sentiment is just too cute and I am loving the papers. Great coloring! xx

                ReplyDelete
              3. A lovely card and super tag and bone. Your 5 year old friend will love it. Hazel x

                ReplyDelete
              4. this is just lovely Judy. I love that image...and am sure that little dog card will be (was) well received by the recipient !!

                Lynn, Fitztown DT Teamie

                ReplyDelete
              5. Judy, would you please email me at lmn_p at frontiernet dot net? Thanks! Paige

                ReplyDelete
              6. Such a pretty, bright and happy card Judy, thank you for joining our Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

                B x

                ReplyDelete
              7. What a wonderful card - I love it!!! Thanks for joining us at fwSAM!!! hugs, ANDREA

                ReplyDelete