About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Anything Goes Challenge at Fitztown

I am hosting the Anything Goes Challenge at Fitztown this week and this is my project.  I have decorated a cheese box for this challenge using Morgan Fitzsimon's image Fae 37

Top View



Front views




I had lots of fun making this box.  The image was coloured with Copics, Gell pen and glitter.  I decorated the cheese box using my Gelli Plate using colours that I used in my image. The trim at the bottom part of the box is Washi Tape stained with Tea Dye Distress Ink. 

I completed my box by adding some knobs that I stained also with  Distress Ink, die cut butterfly, bling and some metal elements. 

Hope you will join us this week.  Just create your card or project and enter it here

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
The Stamping Boutique -  Outside the Box
Cute Card Thursday -  Anything But a Card
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes must be mixed Media

The Corrosive Challenges Halloween Colors
Open-Minded Challenges - Fall / Autumn 
Not Just Cards Always Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit- Halloween or Not
The Mirror Cracked- Mixed Media



17 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful project, Judy. I might have to buy some of that cheese for the empty box. lol Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous box Judy beautiful colour's and fabulous design
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy this is just gorgeous. what a fantastic image for the top of such a delicate box - a real treasure. Hugginz, samara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours and that image is fantastic. Many thanks for joining the Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Judy! I love everything about this, the fairy is so pretty and the colors are lovely. Thank you for joining us at TMC. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful upcycle Judy! The colours work so well with the image. Thank you for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Julie Short Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous hun really GREAT make and thank you for sharing with us at Anything Goes with a Twist hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing box!!! Wow!!! That image is fantastic! Love all the detail and texture.. Just absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous box, you would never know it once held cheese,lol...beautifully decorated and I love the images...
    Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Cheese, Please! LOL! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Pumpkin/Jack O’ Lantern" challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely! The colour/texture is just gorgeous! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the box, but our challenge at Open Minded Crafting Fun this fortnight is Pumpkin/Pumpkins, but thanks for sharing with us just the same.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your image and the box is stunning.
    Thank you for participating in our 2nd challenge at The Mirror Crack'd challenge blog. #2 The Body Beautiful - Something Featuring the Human Form.
    Hope to see you back again next time.

    Ma :)
    The Mirror Crack'd DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will never look at a cheese box in the same way again. Great project-​Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Hugz and love Elaine aka Ellapu​

    ​Owner of
    ​Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Altered Eclectics
    Eclectic Ellapu
    ​DT for​
    Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning altered box...love the image too.
    Thank you for joining us over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a really stunning box. Beautiful image as well.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete