I am excited we are having a Steampunk Blog Hop and this is my altered steampunk mannequin I made for this event. Hope you love steampunk art as much as I do.
A friend gave me this mannequin bodice that I added lace to, then painted with gesso and purple and blue fabric spray paints to give the dress colour.
Along with the paints, crackle mix, acrylic paints etc I used metal pieces from my stash. The belt is a metal belt from a Thrift Store, the buckle is part of a drawer pulley system, the chain around her neck was off of the belt, the necklace piece was part of a drawer system also.
The top of the straps on the dress were kitchen cupboard door hinges and the straps and buttons were made form some gears that I added a rust affect on them.
Some closer looks
The necklace is made from door lock mechanism and part of a metal belt from a thrift store.
The metal belt and key are from a local thrift store that I used a rust techniquic on them. The center of a belt is part of a mechanics for a drawer.
The straps of the dress are made with gears and a couple of door hinges.