About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Michael Strong's May Challenges

Hi. These are my cards I am entering in Michael Strongs’ challenges for the month of May. One challenge Mike gave us was a drawing that he had done that we had to incorporate into our card. That was a real challenge and along with the the restrictions of using the colours gray, black and white representing the the gray days.

This is the drawing he gave us 
 



This is my card.

 
Along with the drawing I used his Cloisonné circle stamps and a digi stamp from Bugaboo Digi Stamps for the sentiment.
 

The second challenge was a card sketch. The one rule is that you must included at least one Michael Strong stamp in the sketch. These are always fun.

This is the sketch:
 


This is my sketch card.
 

For the background I stamped Mike’s Mosaic stamp with VersaMark and then added PearlEx powders in several colours. Once I covered the image I took the excess powder off with a swiffer duster. The Cloisonné Crane was embossed with Pearlustre Amethyst. I like the way the PearlEx shows off the details of the background stamp.

Well I better call it a night. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you come and join us at the Yahoo Group Enjoy Michael Strong Stamps.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment