About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Your Favourite Technique Challenge



This week at Come and Get It Challenges the theme of the challenge is "use your favourite technique". Odd Ball Art is one of the sponsors this week and I have used their image called  Big Eye Girl ~ Patsy Image No. 17 & 17B .  

My favourite technique is to create my background with my gell plate using acrylic paints, stamps and inks etc. Making my own backgrounds allows me to use different colour combos on my cards.  Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Remember to spot by the Come and Get It blog to see the beautiful creations of the other team members have created to inspire you. Hope you will join in the fun. 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Catch The Bug - anything goes 
Crafting with Dragonflies - girly cards 

Crafting-With-Friends Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
Crafting With An Attitude Always Anything Goes 
Crafty Girls Creations Always Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Your love of mixed media shows beautifully in this work, Carol DTeamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Judy. I love the way you created the background...will have to give this a try sometime soon.
    Hugs,
    Lynn, CAGI DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this technique yet myself. I've got inks, mists and brushos and don't use them enough, I seem to go for the safe option of DP a lot of the times, but should give it a go. Your background looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring, I love it :) xx Kaja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she's adorable! And you colored her so well! :)
    Thanks for sharing it at the PDE Linky Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome background it looks amazing! Thanks for joining us for Catch the Bug anything goes, hope to see you again! Dawn Bugaboo DT good luck.

    ReplyDelete