About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Flourishes and Swirls



Come and Get it Challenges this week has a flourishes and swirl challenge.

It was the digital image by Arty Pants Digital stamps that I used for the background that inspired my card. I love the music pattern with it’s swirls and flourishes. I colored the image with a couple of colors of Distress Inks to bring out the pattern. Next I added a couple of flourishes, a bird, and bird cage all cut from Tim Holtz die cutters. The bird cage was embossed with several layers of metallic embossing powder to give it a metallic look.  

The flower I added was not quite the right color so I coloured it with Distress Inks and added a center bling to tie in the color. A few black pieces of bling completed the card.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my card. I hope you will join us at Come and Get it the week . If you need some inspiration check out the beautiful creations of the other members of the design team.


Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment