About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Faux Turquoise

What a great technique challenge at Come and Get It this week.  The theme of the college is to use a faux technique of some kind on the card.  On Split Coast Stampers website if you do a search of the word Faux there are 30 techniques listed.

I made this card with some friends and thought it was a great technique for this swap. The technique is called faux turquoise.  The pretty tree is a die cut by Memory Box. 

To make the faux turquoise you stamp your turquoise paper with a vein pattern stamp in black and then in sliver.  The next step is to cover the image with Versa mark and emboss with clear UTEE and then repeat the embossing process a second time.  Very simple technique but I think it is very pretty.

Here is a closer look at the technique.



Thank you for stopping by and I hope you join us at Come and Get It this week.

 
Judy
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 
 
Brown Sugar – Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap ShackFavorite Technique
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenge – Use a Rubber Stamp
Stamp-n-Doodle Challenge – Embossing
 

 

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely STUNNING, Judy! I'm blessed to have you share your beautiful card with us, and I look forward to having you share with us again. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous technique and a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just GORGEOUS Judy! This is one technique I haven't tried ... thanks for all the details and I'll be giving this a try soon! BEAUTIFUL!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow absolutely gorgeous, I haven't tried that technique and with the detail I am sure I will try it soon.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamp 'n' Doodle and the best of luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, the technique looks great, I haven't heard from it before. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique you chose! It looks gorgeous! I like how you kept it simple by adding just the die cut tree so you can really see how beautiful the faux turquoise is. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete