About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Winter Scene Project - Tealight







This is my inspiration project for the winter scene challenge this week.  I just love the winter snowbirds from Morgan Fitzsimon's winter collection.  You can find the snowbird 1 here and snowbird here. Both images come in both coloured and uncoloured.  

I really had fun making this tea light project.  I found a pattern for the lantern at the Whiff of Joy blog. The blog has a very detailed tutorial for the tea Light holder. 

I got excited when I was colouring my little snowbird.  I used sour apple fun flock for one of the hats and diamond flower soft for the snow and the trim of the other snowbirds hat. I also used red Stickles as a trim on one hat and bow. 

I coloured the images with Copics and a white gell pen.The tree is a Tim Holtz die and , the green panel is a die, and a wooden bead and flower made up the top of the tea light.   

This was a very fun project.  Come join us this week at Fitztown.  Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment