About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, May 25, 2015

You Light Up My Life



This is my card for this week this week's challenge at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges. Scribbles is our sponsor this week and I have used one of their images for my card called Firefly Mason Jar.  The theme of the challenge is lots of layers or no layer cards. 

Scribbles Designs

I love this digital stamp because it reminds me of the song "Fireflies" by Owl City.  I think the song is so pretty. You can hear the song on Youtube here

I printed my mason jar on Mylar, colored my  fireflies and then mounted the mylar image on some orangey brown pattern paper from my stash. Next I then made a frame using my Nestabilities dies out of copper coloured paper that I embossed with a gear embossing folder. I layered my frame out of a green text pattern paper.  To complete my card I added a hemp cord and a sentiment.  

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day. Pop over to Incy Wincy Design Challenge blog and see the card that our wonderful designers have created to inspire you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment