About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Gone Fishin


I decided this month for my project at Altered Eclectics to do a mixed media piece using a favourite picture of my dad.  The picture was taken a long time ago about 5 years before he passed away.  I loved the smile on his face.  One of his favourite activities was fishing thus the theme of my piece.

I wrapped my board with some textured paper I rescued from my girlfriends recycling bin.  It was used to wrap stained glass. I then used 2 different stencils to add more texture before adding my findings. my findings. I used things in the piece that reminded me of him including real fishing lures, feathers, shells, button and bits and pieces found in a shop.  

The chip board fisherman and fish were finds of a girlfriend who was thinking about me and the project I wanted to do. 

closer look



Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Remember to pop over to the Altered Eclectics Challenge Blog to view the beautiful projects of the rest of the design team. 

I am entering this mixed media project in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door Always Anything Goes
Mixed Media World - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Always Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Always Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes

Mixed Media Mojo - Sentiment - no red or green

3 comments:

  1. very beautiful !
    Thank you for joining us at Craft your passion !
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project! I love all of the textures and details. Thank you for joining our challenge at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete