About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Altered Gourd Table Center Piece



It is time for another Mixed Media/altered art challenge at Bleeding Art Challenge Blog.  The theme as always is anything goes.  Create anything that you like as long as it meets the rules of the challenge.

I decided to alter a gourd from one of may I hauled back from Arizona's Running of the Gourd. 

This is the gourd I started with 


I first painted my gourd with gesso and then with Kroma Crackle. I painted my assortment findings with gesso. The next step was colour the gourd and findings with different colours of spray ink.  My finding included old floral leaves, gems, metal butterflies,  brooches, scarf pins, buttons, floral stones, belt parts ......

Here are some closers looks.







This was a fun project for me.  Hope you will join us in this monthly challenge.  Remember to pop over to our challenge blog to be inspired by our talented design team.  Thank you for stopping by.

I am entering my project in the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - anything goes
Crafts Galore Encore- anything goes

4 comments:

  1. What a fun transformation - fab embellishing and the colours are so rich and jewel-like.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is a stunning project. It just looks amazing. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog for challenge #68 which is Anything Goes. The sponsor is Limited Runs. Hugs Jackie DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a double WOW project! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing transformation of a simple gourd! Love all the brilliant colors!

    ReplyDelete