About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Just Smile

Time for another mixed media challenge at Splashy Mixed Media Challenge.  

Create any mixed media project with inspiration from our mood board. 

Image may contain: 1 person

I love the soft colours on the mood board and the cute baby image, both the colours and the image inspired me to create my project..  



I used an picture of my grandson taken last winter on holidays for my canvas.  I think he is a real cutie.  I decoupaged  several layers of scrapbook paper to my canvas then used a stencil  and white acrylic paint to add the white circles.  I also used blue acrylic to add colour and texture to the sides of the canvas.  My layers on the canvas of pattern circle, tags, and toys were cut out of my scraps. 

I added the word "smile" with heavy gel medium and coloured the wooden letters with Acrylic paint and Nuvo Crystal drops for sparkle. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Remember to check out our challenge blog to see the inspiring ideas of our talented design team and the wonderful prizes for our lucky winners of the challenge.  Please join us this month. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Lasting Memories Scrapbook - Pattern Paper Prints 
Lil Patch Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft-  Anything Goes



8 comments:

  1. such a beautiful canvas with your cute grandson judy. loving all the details. Thank you for your beautiful DT make to splashymix challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling baby! and fantastic lay out! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. aawww...how precious this is! I love your accents! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great mixed media piece! He is so adorable!

    Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 22 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw - that is such a sweet photo and this is a beautiful canvas. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaww, so cute :))
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete