About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, September 4, 2020

Altered Halloween Clock


Time for another great challenge over at Creative Artiste this month. 

Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes"
Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your  projects.



 I have made an altered Halloween clock.  I used an old clock that I took this body out of the clock and  made a collage of from some paper napkins I had in my stash along with other Halloween papers for my stash.

This is the napkin I used for the main part of the collage.



Additional views



I used crackling paste,texture paste and an antiquing solution to give the clock an antique look. 


I added leaves to the outside of the clock and added a Wink of Stella and glitter to the collage for sparkle. 





Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Remember to stop by our challenge blog to be inspired by our creative design team. 
Hope you will join in the challenge this month. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning make! I love the worn and rusty clock and how you created the 3D effect tea party with the napkin - amazing 😁. Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy this really is amazing!! Love those rusted areas, looks like something discovered in my Grandpa's garage. The recycled clock surround makes the perfect frame for that awesome napkin magnificently. Love how you layered it up. Inspiring!!
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic altered clock Judy. The transformation with the rust and super images looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job on this, Judy. You are so creative. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous treansformation, Judy, the design of the background scene is perfect to illustrate the clock and I love the rusty look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the result you achieved with those pastes Judy. Great idea with the napkin. Love your imagination and always look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete