About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, May 6, 2022

Creative Artiste Anything Goes Mixed Media Challenge - May - Baby Book

Time for another great challenge over at Creative Artiste

Our theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects. Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram entries.  

The term “mixed media art” is a broad definition that covers many forms of arts and crafts, including collage, assemblage, altered objects, handmade greeting cards, artist trading cards (ATCs) tags and art journaling  as long as you use different mediums.

The “mixed media” used includes paint, paper, pastes, sprays, powders, textural elements, clay, resins, fabrics, found objects, photos, metal, inks, pencils, markers and pastels to name just a few.

This is my project for this month.



I made this mixed media baby book for a friend who just had a beautiful baby boy.

This is what I started with a chip board book that  I have had for a long time.

To make this booklet I used the following products:

Acrylic paint
Gesso
Die cuts
Pentart Stencil Paste
Pentart Gold Glamour
Stencils
Findings
Ribbon from my stash
Designer paper from my stash
Buttons,

This is what I started with. 





Here are a few more pictures from the book.
















Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. Hope you will join us this month.  Remember to pop over to our challenge blog to be inspired by our talented design team.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, such a beautiful journal! The design is amazing and the way you showcased the pretty baby photos and wording is perfect - love it 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy May! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super sweet baby book Judy. Lots of lovely texture and colour to showcase the gorgeous photos and words xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous and memorable book you have created here Judy. Another great MM project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous gift for an adorable baby. Both photos and texts are greatly displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Judy what a wonderful gift for your dear friend and their new arrival, I love the baby grow such a unique design. How cherished this will be when looked back on year after year. So cute.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete