About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, July 1, 2022

Creative Artiste Mixed media Challenge July - Creativity

Time for another mixed media challenge at Creative Artiste this month. This is my project for this month, a page for my art journal.

Our theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects. Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram entries. Only correctly linked blog entries please. 


My inspiration for this page was a quote that I wrote in my book years ago. I am not even sure where I found it.  I used a gel print that I had made awhile ago along with an old 
Stampin Up rubber stamp form my stash and a rubber stamp new to my collection by Art Stamp. Along with acrylic paint, I used markers, white metal pen and a sharpie.

Closer look



Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. Pop over to our challenge board to be inspired by our talented design team. Hope you you will join us this week.


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely background you've done for your page here! I love the different color variants from your gel print! I'm a huge bird fan and this is fabulous with that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why we creative's never throw anything away because we can reuse those gel prints to create stunning backdrops for new stash. I do love that new bird stamp and the quote is fab Judy.
    Lovely mixed media artwork. Happy creative July. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning page Judy. The gelli plate colour blends make a fabulous background for the delightful little bird and sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gel plate background Judy and that bird is so pretty sitting there looks proud. Great sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A strong message so wonderfully shown by the bird on this great background.

    ReplyDelete