About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, June 2, 2023

Creative Artiste - June Challenge - Altered Box

 Time for another great challenge over at Creative Artiste.  Our theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects. 


This is my project for June, an altered box.






This is the box I choose to alter. 


I thought the box had many interesting angles and creative real estate. I found the box at a thrift store.  The panels were a light metal and I used a product called Sophisticated Finishes to antique the metal portions of the box.  

 Other views of project

Top of the box

On the top of the box I used several different pieces of  wooden pieces from my stash with cooper paint and several colours of Pentart Paints. 






This was a fun project.  Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Hope you can join us this month.  Create your project and enter it here. Remember to visit our challenge blog to be inspired by our  talented design team. 


5 comments:

  1. Great altered box love all the wooden cogs
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can transform anything into the most amazing Judy. Fabulous steampunk creation and so useful, I'm now wondering what you keep within :D Fabulous upcycle.
    Crafty June Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful upcycle project Judy. The box looks fabulous with it's new colours and Steampunk additions xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful creative project from your thrifty find Judy. What a transformation. So love the colours and mixed media elements you added. Always look forward to seeing your MM each month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing transformation, I love the cogs and upcycling objects too Michelle x

    ReplyDelete