About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, September 6, 2024

Creative Artiste September Challenge - Mixed Media

  Time for another great challenge over at Creative ArtisteOur theme is always is

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects. Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram or Facebook entries. Only correctly linked blog entries please. 

The term “mixed media art” is a broad definition that covers many forms of arts and crafts, including collage, assemblage, altered objects, handmade greeting cards, artist trading cards (ATCs) tags and art journaling  as long as you use different mediums.

The “mixed media” used includes paint, paper, pastes, sprays, powders, textural elements, clay, resins, fabrics, found objects, photos, metal, inks, pencils, markers and pastels to name just a few.

This is my project for September,a mixed media fairy birthday book.

I purchased this chipboard album from Scrapbook.com to make this album for a friend's daughter who was having a birthday. 

I had lots of fun putting the book together. I used a combination from my collection of digital stamps, cutting dies and rubber stamps. 

I used designer card stock by Crafter's Companion called Cosmic Collection, assorted papers from my stash, rubber stamps, cutting dies,  acrylic paints,Distressed inks to create the background pages. 

I also added some sentiments and a poem. I left a few empty areas to added best wishes.To close the book I used a dainty chain and a key and lock set. 

I really liked how the book unfolded. 







closer look  at a few images






Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. Hope you will join us this month. We woould love to see your projects.

4 comments:

  1. What a magical book, Judy!! I love how it turned out, and am absolutely in love with it. I'm sure your friend's daughter will be over the moon when she receives it! Wishing you an awesome September. xo Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks amazing and a wonderful keepsake too. Have a great rest of the week - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Judy! I bet you had so much fun creating this gift. Such fun looking through each page finding somethng new each time. Love it.

    ReplyDelete