About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, February 4, 2013

Gold Leaf Heart


Valentine's day is just around the corner so there are many possibilities to use hearts on your card. My New Years' resolution was to try and use product that I have not used for a long time.  This card was a great opportunity to get out my sticky embossing powder and gold leafing.  I used a set of Hero Arts' heart stamps that I have not used for a long time along with a sentiment from my collection of rubber stamps. 

I edged the die cut with a Marvy Gold metallic marker and the background paper came from my ever growing scrap paper pile. The gold cord is off of a Christmas parcel that I could not help myself to add to my ribbon and cord stash.

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.

Judy

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 
Created With Love - Valentine's Day
Creative Stamp Friends - Hearts/Valentine's Day

7 comments:

  1. I love your resoluation..something I need to try and do. Lovely card. Love the gold leafing.
    Thanks for joining our Valentines Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! I love the gold, it's a nice change from all the red!!! Glad you used your stash and joined us at Created With Love Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful shimmering card! TFS! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Hearts” Challenge!

    Kath - Admin
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! love the hearts! Thank for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet hearts! Love them!
    ~Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles this week!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ein wunderschöne Karte ist das geworden, danke fürs Mitmachen bei den Kreativen Stempelfreunden.

    LG
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete