About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

May the Wings of a Butterfly......



I made this card for an upcoming swap at the Yahoo Group The Rubber Inkers.  I hand have belonged to this group for 10 years they are always a lot of fun.  I thought it was a great time to use the new digital images at Fred, She Said Designs



The card opens up like a small booklet and I added some butterfly quotes along with Fred's beautiful butterflies that I layered.  The butterflies are one of the prettiest digital images that I have come across. I have only used a very small portion of the set making this card and I look forward to doing more designs with the other images in the grouping.





The card was coloured with a glitter pen, Copic markers and edged with distress inks. From Fred's collection I used the Marigolds & Morpho Set (flowers and butterflies) and also the frame inside of the two pages were from another set called Fred's Flowers v6-Daisies with Bracket Borders, which I printed on pattern paper and die cut with a Spellbinder die cut. 

Thank you for stopping by and do something creative for yourself. 


Judy 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

 
Forever Friends - (February) Animals &/or Butterflies &/or Birds
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Dies/Punches
 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Judy
    Fabulous card... Love the butterfly....
    Thanks for Jining us at FF this month...,
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with all the butterflies. I hope we will see you again at Forever Friends this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty. Thanks for playing with us at Divas x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a gorgeous card book, love the details on it

    ReplyDelete