About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Altered Coffee Pot


I had lots of fun this month with my altered project for Altered Eclectics


This is what I started with 



I searched my stash for things to alter the coffee pot and create my lady.   I decided to alter an old peculator coffee pot.  I used wool for the hair, some old glasses, bottle caps and buttons for the eyes, Wicker plant pot for the hat and part of a couple of spoons for the ears.   I also used lace, buttons for earrings,and a plastic container for the base.  

Some closer looks





Hope you enjoyed my funky project.  Remember to visit our challenge blog to view the inspiring projects of our design team. Have a creative week. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
SanDee & amelie's Steampunk - Steampunk

12 comments:

  1. I love this so much, it's fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It is fabulous. You are the queen of mixed media.I remember these percolators that my mother used. For some reason it was fascinating to watch the little glass bubble top. I also remember cleaning the pot and the "guts" as my mother used to call it. Thank you, Keurig machine. Great project, Judy. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great transformation sweetie - love it to bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..your altered coffee pot is amazing..I can see why you had fun with it. So clever and original..a great stand alone piece..unless you are going to make a collection from more coffee pots and create a family of them..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing Judy! Love it as it is such fun, Jane :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how much I love your coffee pot...such a clever alteration.
    A fab entry for this months challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously divine Judy! An awesome transformation. Thank you for linking to Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. très original, bravo pour ce projet ,merci de jouer pour Sandee & Amelie's , à bientôt NATE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unbelievably creative! I love how you used the spout for the nose ;-D fun too. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is just a funny work, i love the idea.
    Thanks for showing on SASPC.
    Greets
    Alexa DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahah! Love this teapot granny to bits! What a whimsical and imaginative project! Thank you for joining in our challenge at SASPC!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete