About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, August 9, 2019

Creativity is Contagious

Splashy Mix Challenges has a colour challenge this month. 

For the purpose of this challenge mixed media is an artwork in which more than one medium or material has been used. There is no definite rules and definitions. No end point

We are free to create our projects with different mediums, textures,colours, layers, objects etc

Unleash your creativity through this art. 

This is the mood board for the challenge. I believe the colours are so striking. 

We would love to see what inspired you, hence please mention it in your post. Check out our blog to see the special prizes our sponsors are providing to our lucky winners. 


This is my canvas I created for the challenge.



I created this canvas using a couple of  stencils,acrylic paints, gel, Posca and  Pitt pens.  The large flower is metal and came off of napkin ring that I recycled. The saying is one of my favorites about creativity. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Remember to pop over to our challenge blog to be inspired by our talented design team. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges

An Inky Mess - Anything Goes
Crafty - Creations - Anything Goes
Crafting with Attitude- Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft- Anything Goes
Brown sugar - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes



2 comments:

  1. Love all the colors and textures on this creative card. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!
    I LOVE this canvas!!! Great work!!!
    Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge. Hope you participate in our next!!
    Kisssssssssssssssssssss
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete