About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, January 13, 2020

Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue

It is the first challenge of 2020 over at Crafty Cardmakers. The theme of the challenge is anything goes. For this challenge I created this small canvas in remembrance of my dad.  He loved the old song called "Five  Foot Two, Eyes of Blue. 


 I used a couple of musical dies, old sheet music, chipboard guitar and notes, walnut ink, and some small metal embellishments.  The song Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue was written by Ray Henderson in 1925 and sang by several artist over the years. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Remember to pop over to Crafty Cardmakers' Challenge blog to be inspired by our creative design team.  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Judy! Hoping the new year is off to a great start for you! Love this canvas. Must admit, I used to adore that song too! (showing my age .. LOL!) Fabulous background and I love the die cuts and embellies! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your canvas Judy, what a great memory x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for a canvas, and such a great way to keep a memory alive.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete