About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, August 6, 2021

Encaustic Collage -

Time for another great challenge over at Creative Artiste this month. 

Our theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your  projects.

Please respect that we do not accept Instagram entries. Only correctly linked blog entries please.

. Your project must be Mixed Media and can be an ATC, tag, card, layout, altered art or an off-the-page project as long as you follow the challenge specifications. You must use more then 3 different mediums on your project to qualify for our mixed media rules.

My project for this challenge is a Encaustic Collage canvas.

I used a portions of a collage style napkin that I found in a kitchen shop for my bases of my collage. 

Some closer views



I used distress inks and PanPastels to colour the base if the wooden canvas. 

I layered my napkin pieces between several layers of bees wax. 
I added some stamped writing and butterflies from another napkin.


I coloured some die cut leaves with distress inks and dipped them in wax before adding them.


To complete the canvas I added some wooden findings  and brown and greens oil paint along the edges of the canvas. 

I love using encaustic wax .  The texture and colours inspire me.

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. Remember to pop over to our challenge board to be inspired by our creative design team. 

Please join us at Creative Artiste this month. We would love to see the projects you are working on. 

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing! I love how you layered everything together and the bees wax finishes it perfectly - so beautiful 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy August! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous canvas Judy. Lovely warm colours, gorgeous artwork and wonderful details all embedded in the silky wax xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy this is fantastic, wonderful and rich in colour. A very pretty display of those encaustic layers. I've not played with wax for such a long time such a relaxing way to craft.
    Beautiful work.
    Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always impressed by encaustic, the result is fabulous, every detail in place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I didn’t know anything about encaustic but I do now. I love the intense deep color. The layer part between wax layers sounds really fascinating. I’m going to have to YouTube and see how this process works. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular in colour and style Judy. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy this is amazing, love it too bits and great use of the technique. Sorry I've not been around much, I must make more effort to pop over to see you. I didn't realise you were with Creative Artiste. Not been doing anything with teams recently, don't think they like my style maybe. Lots of creating though.
    Wishing you a lovely creative weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete