About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, September 2, 2022

Creative Artiste, September Mixed Media Challenge

 Time for another great mixed media challenge over at Creative Artiste.

 Our theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects. Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram entries. Only correctly linked blog entries please.

This is my project I made for this challenge, an altered bottle.



Closer Look





Side and back view




I used Disress Oxide spray and Dylusions Ink Sprays mostly for the colour.  The flower was coloured with acrylic paints and strays.  The leaves were coloured with Alcohol inks and gold acrylic paints. I used a stencil to create' the background
I used several different findings on the bottle including a metal butterfly and a metal gear piece.

The glass leaves were part of a Christmas decoration and the large flower were part of a set of beautiful napkin holders. 


I used a stencil and molding paste to create the pattern on the base for the bottle and used spray paint to create the colour theme.

Hope you will join us this week.  Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Remember to pop over to our challenge blog to be inspired by our talented design team.

I am entering this project in the following challenges

We Love to Create - Anything Mixed media Goes

Corrosive Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

We Love to Craft- Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. A fantastic transformation. I love the colours you used and the textures you gave to this bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and beautiful with so much depth and colour. Stunning Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning project Judy. Beautiful, rich colours and wonderful textures xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is stunning - I've yet to even try and altered bottle - what great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing bottle! It looks like it was fun to make and the richness of the colours, textures and flowers look so beautiful 😊. Apologies for my lateness in visiting, life's been a bit hectic so I'm just catching up now. Thanks for the mixed media inspiration and Happy September! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete