About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, October 7, 2022

Creative Artiste's October's Challenge

 Time for another great mixed media challenge over at Creative Artiste.

 Our theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects. Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram entries.  

The term “mixed media art” is a broad definition that covers many forms of arts and crafts, including collage, assemblage, altered objects, handmade greeting cards, artist trading cards (ATCs) tags and art journaling  as long as you use different mediums.

The “mixed media” used includes paint, paper, pastes, sprays, powders, textural elements, clay, resins, fabrics, found objects, photos, metal, inks, pencils, markers and pastels to name just a few.

This is my project I made for this challenge, a page for my art journal book.

I made my collage is using images I have collected from some art show advertisement pamphlets, business cards and magazine images. I used a combinations of acrylics, stencil, posca pens and inks for the background. 

closer views






Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. Remember to pop over to Creative Artiste this month and join this challenge and be inspired by our talented design team.  

6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pages! The background of feathers looks amazing with the collage of images - perfect 😊. I hope you are keeping well and wishing you a Happy October! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous journal spread Judy. Gorgeous colours, rich details and wonderful indigenous artwork xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous journal pages Judy such fab colours hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A strong ethnic creation, the collages melt beautifully with your background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a handsome layout with the bold colors and thought provoking images! So much said in 2 pages of art! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the most fabulous imagination Judy. What you created here is so cool and out there. So bold and colourful.

    ReplyDelete