About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, March 3, 2023

March Challenge - Creative Artiste - Anything Goes Mixed Media


Time for another great challenge over at Creative Artiste.

Our theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects.

Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram or Facebook entries. Only correctly linked blog entries please. 

I decided to do a series of encaustic collages for my project this month.

 

I had some friends over last weekend and had out or encaustic art supplies and had a ball playing.
It was a very good weekend.  Hope to get to play again soon.

For this project I used the following art supplies

Bees wax
Oil paint 
Butterflies Images
Pan Pastels 
Rubber Stamp
Archival Ink

Some closer views





Thank you for joining us this week.  I hope that you join in the fun. Pop over to Creative Artiste's Blog to be inspired by our talented design tea, have a Creative week. 

4 comments:

  1. These collages are gorgeous Judy. They have a fabulous vintage look to them with the earthy colours, faded texts and lovely butterflies. Your encaustic artwork is always wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you must have had crafting with friends all three pieces are so lovely Judy. I really love the vintage feel encaustic gives a treat to my eyes with the added Butterflies..
    It's been a while since I played with bees wax you make me want to go dust off my supplies and play right now.
    Thank you for sharing these beauties.
    Happy crafting Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such beautiful panels! I love the butterfly designs and the beeswax finish is stunning 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterflies a flutter here Judy and all so spectacular. Certainly looks like a lot of fun and great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete