About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, April 7, 2023

Creative Artiste April Challenge - Altered Bottle

 Time for another great challenge over at Creative ArtisteOur theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects. Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram or Facebook entries. Only correctly linked blog entries please.

This is my project for this month, an altered bottle. 

This is my project.


This is the bottle before I altered it.




Other views





To alter my bottle I coated the bottle with gesso first,

added several different spray inks

various acrylic paints

gemstones

several different beads and laces from the fabric shop

an acrylic flower from a shower hook which I painted

Prima finishing wax

Acrylic clear spray

This was a fun project to make. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.   Hope you will join us this month.

Remember to pop over to Creative Artiste to be inspired by our talented design team. 



2 comments:

  1. A beautiful bottle to begin with but you have given it new life with your clever creative vision, those added elements make it a real show stopper Judy. Always amazed by your clever creations.
    Wishing you a Happy Easter Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Judy - what a transformation here. Love all the creative elements you added to that beautiful bottle. Gorgeous colours and textures. Another amazing make.

    ReplyDelete