About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, November 5, 2023

A Place to Start - Anything Goes - Optional Twist - Something for a Child


Time for our November challenge over at A Place to Start. The challenge is anything goes with an optional twist of Something for a Child. 

I am playing the twist this week, something for a child and decided to make a paper lantern which can be used with a small battery operated light or it can be a box to hold Christmas candies. 

The snowman image I made this lattern with is by Pink Gems Design and is called Chilly Snowman.






To make the box shape I cut a piece of red card stock 12.5 inches by 5 1/4 inches and scored the 12.5 peice at 3, 6, 9, 12. ( 1/2 inch scored line is for attaching the side together. I used a rectangular cutting die to cut out the windows and added the cross papers that I cut out of scrap paper. I added a piece of acetate paper to the window pieces. 


Originally when I made my first tealight holder I used a pattern from the Whiff of Joy blog. The pattern I used I could no  longer found on their site but it does show how I attached the top and bottom small boxes for the lids. 
 
I basically made 2 small boxes that fit into the top and bottom of the the box. I then decorated the the top of the box making the shape of the top and adding my embellishments.

Once I had my lantern together I decorated the sides with my Chill snowman, added a sentiment, and Stamperia snow paste. 

Other views


For the top of the box I decorated it with a wooden flower, bead and pom pom ribbon. 



 Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will join us this month. Remeber to pop over to our challenge blog at A Place to Start to be insired by our talented design team. Have a creative month. 







No comments:

Post a Comment