About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, December 1, 2023

Creative Artiste - December 2023 - Anything Goes Mixed Media - Optional Christmas


Time for another great challenge at Creative Artiste.  
Our theme is always
"Anything Mixed Media Goes" with an optional twist of a Christmas Theme. 

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects.


One of our members has donated a lovely gift for the winner of this month's challenge 

We are also celebrating reaching our hundredth challenge.

This is my project for this challenge. I have been a member for many years and really have enjoyed the group immensely and have learned lots from the group, they are all very  talented ladies. 



I created a little Christmas scene for my project this month using:

a wooden canvas frame in reverse
dollar store snow
small branches from the forest close by
the deer and trees are from the Tim Holtz's collection of cutting dies
acrylic paints
snow paste by Stamperia
winter snow houses paper is from a Christmas paper pack by Stamperia
Distress inks
Distress Mica Stains
Faber-Castell - Pitt artist pen

Thank you for stopping by and supporting our group. Happy Holidays to you and your family and all the best in 2024.  We are taking a month break in January and we will be back in February. Hope you will join us then. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
The Paper PLayers - Christmas
Inspire Create Challenge - Christmas
We Love to Create - anything goes Mixed Media
Alphabet Challenge - R is for Reindeer
For Seasons Challenge - Winter
Mix it Up Challenge - Anything Goes


10 comments:

  1. Totally amazing scene Judy, you've really made the most of those fabulous stamperia houses they look super surrounded by the kraft card trees, stag and deer. A lovely sprinkle of sparkle too, a proud make to display this season.
    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year full of creativity.
    Take care Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful Christmas scene, Judy! So many gorgeous layers to look at, and it really feels like I'm watching a wintry town from the forest. I love that you've used actual branches too. Just wonderful. Wishing you a lovely holiday season. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little village with the snow falling and the deer prancing in the fresh snow Judy. Looks amazing in the reverse frame. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your village and the scene you have created. Those little houses are lovely and remind me of the village where I live now in Wales. I love the addition of the twigs too. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing winter wonderland scene! Loving the Stamperia houses that you used with those beautiful deer and trees - stunning ❤️. Happy December! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, What a unique and beautiful project. I can't decide if I like the colorful houses or those whimsical trees. Well done. Thanks for taking part with Inspire.Create.Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful creation. I loved reading about where everything came from. Such a great, peaceful scene. Thanks for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what a fabulous scene you have created Judy! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  9. An amazing snowy village scene. A lot of work has gone into this project. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a gorgeous Christmas scene Judy! Thanks for playing along with our reindeer theme at Alphabet Challenge
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete