About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, April 5, 2024

Creative Artist Mixed Media - Anything Goes Challenge for April

 Welcome back to Creative Artiste Challenges it is time for our April challenge.  Your project must be Mixed Media and can be an ATC, tag, card, layout, altered art or an off-the-page project as long as you follow the challenge specifications. You must use at least 3 different mediums on your project to qualify for our mixed media rules.

This is my project for this month, an art journal page. 


 I used from my stash: 

bits and pieces of collected papers
acrylic paints
inks, 
stencils
 gelli plate 
butterfly stamp
glitter beads
old postage stamps 
die cuts
flowered tissue paper
stamped sentiment
brad
washi tape
leftover scrap of a alcohol ink print  project

This is a picture of the gelli print I had in my stash.


I had done this print quite a long time ago, was not happy with it and was going to throw it out but I liked the way it was with the flowered tissue paper over it. The inspiration for the colour of the project was the stripes on the washi tape.

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you will join us this month. Remember to pop over to our challenge blog to be inspired by our talented design team. 
Have a creative month. Remember my favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, such a beautiful project! I love all the mixed media that you used and the colour and design combinations are amazing 😊. Happy April! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We crafters find it so hard to throw anything away, every mark has potential and that gel print was just waiting to be reinvented. What a beautiful washi tape, I can see why it inspired you to expand those colours onto the page. Such attention to detail with your additional embellishment, I love the Butterfly.
    Another super creation, thank you for the inspiration.. I really need it right now.
    Wishing you a happy crafty April Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think things that we intended to throw away make the best projects when repurposed, Judy! :-) Love how much texture you've added in your page, and the sentiment in there rings so true. And the butterfly--it's just gorgeous! I hope you have a lovely April. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous piece - I love seeing the bare bones of the gelli piece before you added to it. Great idea to use the stamps too - I've been collecting any unusual stamps I receive on cards to use and they are still sitting in my 'use me' pile lol!

    ReplyDelete