About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, July 5, 2024

Creative Artiste July 2024 Mixed Media Challenge Blog

 Time for another great challenge over at Creative ArtisteOur theme is always is

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects. Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram or Facebook entries. Only correctly linked blog entries please. 

The term “mixed media art” is a broad definition that covers many forms of arts and crafts, including collage, assemblage, altered objects, handmade greeting cards, artist trading cards (ATCs) tags and art journaling  as long as you use different mediums.

The “mixed media” used includes paint, paper, pastes, sprays, powders, textural elements, clay, resins, fabrics, found objects, photos, metal, inks, pencils, markers and pastels to name just a few.


This is my project for July, a summer fun garden theme. 



This is the metal fence I found at the thrift store that became my canvas for my project. 



 I used an assortment of products from my stash to give my fence an antique look. The flowers were from a collection that I have had in my stash for many years.  I have been trying to use up my products in the last little while be for the dried up or were not in a condition to be used. 

The leaves were die cut out on a piece of a gelli plate background that I had previously made. The bird was a digital image that I coloured with my panpastels. I also added a round paper clip, a pearl and a sentiment. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a create month. Hope you will join us in this challenge. Remember to check out our challenge blog to be inspired by our talented design team.

8 comments:

  1. Love this idea Judy - what a fabulous use of that little metal gate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really cool idea! Love the gate and the pretty details on how you've made it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used your new and unusual canvas. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful make! I love the metal fence that you used and the summery scene that you created with it is stunning 😊. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Happy July ! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, I loooove this! Such a pretty garden-theme, the composition is so lovely, and your coloring on the bird is just awesome! The gel-printed leaves and the flowers work so well--getting those old products to shine in a project is hard and so satisfying. :-) Very inspiring. xo Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful project Judy, and such a clever idea to use the fence piece as your canvas. The flowers, leaves and bird look fabulous with their gorgeous, vibrant colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful project and a great idea to use the garden gate for the base of your canvas to build on. A perfect theme. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous find Judy, you really have brought it to life in the most delightful way. Looks so vibrant with the addition of the bird and flowers. Unique wall art anyone would love to display. Stunning!! xx

    ReplyDelete