About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Technique Day Faux Vellum and Faux Metal Bracket


Today is Technique Day for the Yahoo Group Enjoy Michael Strong Stamps and I chose to use an old simple technique called Faux Vellum and another technique to do a metal faux bracket. .  I found the faux vellum technique in the April/May 2009 edition of the Technique Junkies News letter.  This technique uses copy or printer paper, cotton balls, paper towels and baby oil.  The copy paper is rubbed with the baby oil and then the excess is rubbed off with a paper towel. Once the paper is dry you use the paper as you would use a piece of vellum paper.  This faux vellum takes markers and coloured pencils like a dream.
I stamped with black Stazon Ink Mike’s hummingbird stamp on the vellum and then masked the hummingbird and over stamped with a Hero Arts design block. The flowers and hummingbird were coloured with pencil crayons then I layered the faux vellum over a piece of pattern card stock with a swirls in white, greens and blues.   I think the pattern paper gives a sky affect behind the stamped images.

To create a faux metal bracket I painted the die cut with brown acrylic paint, then added a layer of silver embossing powder, then a layer of UTEE and then added a second layer of silver embossing powder and then another layer of UTEE. Once I had all of the layers of embossing powder on I then rubbed on black dye ink and then rubbed some of the ink off until I got the effect I wanted.
Thanks for stopping by today. 
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment