About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Make Your Own Background Challenge



Come and Get It Challenges this week has a make your own background challenge this week. Aurora Wings is one of the sponsors and I fell in love with this  Big Eye Girl w/ Curls Sipping from a Flower Cup digi. 

I coloured my image with my Copic Markers and glitter pen. The back ground was made with my Gelli Plate, acrylic paint and several stencils.  I really like the way the background turned out.  It is nice to be able create the paper to match the image.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you pop over to the Come and Get It Challenges blog to see the cards the other designers created to inspire you. 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Catch The Bug - Spring into spring 
Wags 'n Whiskers - Ready for Spring
Creative Moments - Anything Goes/Spring Green
Scrappers' Delights - Always Anything Goes 
Whimsy Inspiration -Use A Sentiment

5 comments:

  1. Oh My ..what an awesome card...Your colouring is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation Judy the colours are fantastic that image is my all time favourite I love this so much.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and Fantastic background Judy, my have to invest in one of the Gelli Plates yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bright fun color scheme. Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you did the background, gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for Catch the Bug Spring into Spring, hope to see you again! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete