About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Mix Media Tag with Flowers


I made this mix media a tag for a upcoming tag exchange at Yahoo Group,  Inky Fun Stampers.  The theme of the challenge was flowers and I chose to use a stamp by Penny Black for the tag. 

I cut out my tag using the tag die from Tim Holtz and used distress inks and water to create my muted background. The image was stamped on a slant on the tag.  To add some colour to the image is used markers.  Next I stamped the image a second time on some Gelli print paper  from my stash and cut out the butterfly to give it some depth.  To complete my tag I sprayed it with Goose Bumps for a wet effect and added a glittery ribbon from my stash.  

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day. 

I am entering  my tag in the following challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Your favourite Penny Black Stamp
Cut it Up Must have Die Cuts -  Spring - Anything But a Card
Docerela Creations- Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
*NEW* Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
Crafting with an Attitude -  Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Scrap & Craft Challenge -Flowers

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors on your tag, and the addition of the butterfly is visiting the flowers adds some realistic dimension!

    I also really like the shininess of your tag and am thrilled to read you achieved the look with Goose Bumps. I found a bottle of it on the clearance rack at Michaels or Joannes and picked it up because it was so cheap, but had no idea what it is. Now I know! Can't wait to try it now.

    Thank you for sharing your Spring - Anything but a Card project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your tag. The butterfly adds so much to the tag. And I love the shininess.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining our March Spring Challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge! I do hope you will join our new April challenge tomorrow!

    Oh so pretty--I love the warm and rich colors you used on your tag!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours and love the shimmer. I too have a bottle of goosebumps but not tried it yet. So many supplies so little energy to use them all! Thanks for inspiring me with this fabulous tag and for sharing with us

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this fortnight. Simply Papercrafts Good luck. We would love to see you again for our next challenge.
    Chrissy (Challenge Blog Owner)

    ReplyDelete